The LGBTQ Resource Center is closed until further notice. Staff are working remotely and available to assist students, please reach out directly for any assistance. Please see our calendar for updates about events and programs moved online. For student resources and support during the COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the SSRI Resources page or the UArizona COVID-19 page.
Rainbow Graduation--Sign Up for the Queerbook Today!
It is with heavy hearts that the 2020 Rainbow Graduation Planning Committee had to cancel the in person ceremony this year as it was our sincere hope that we would still be able to celebrate you in person this May. Still, we are committed to celebrating you, our finest graduates, through a digital yearbook: The Class of 2020 Queerbook. The Queerbook is a digital celebration intended to recognize the achievements of underrepresented sexual and/or gender identity(ies) at the UA and is open to all graduating undergraduates, graduates, or professional school students.
The digital yearbook only shines a fraction on what you mean to us - but for now, we are excited to use a digital memento to remember your time at the University of Arizona as incredible LGBTQIA students. In the future we hope to be able to send you a graduation package to recognize this important moment and will ask for an address you can receive mail from us in the future.
And of course you have an open invitation to attend and be recognized at any future Rainbow Graduation!
If you would like to be recognized in The Class of 2020 Queerbook, please fill out the Rainbow Graduation form that will contain all of the below information:
The information you will be asked to provide includes:
- Your name as you'd like it to appear in the Queerbook
- Graduating degree(s)
- Career goal(s)
- Your favorite quotation
- Any leadership positions you have held
- Electronic picture of yourself
- A personal message for each graduate—either from yourself or from a loved one. You will be asked to complete one of the following options:
- Option One: A message from you for the Queerbook (this could be anything you want to say/share with your fellow graduates—about yourself, your journey, this moment and what it means to you, or any message you have for your fellow graduates (250 character maximum) OR
- A message from a loved one about you to be included in the Queerbook. This person could be a friend, partner, family member, professor, mentor, neighbor, or whomever you choose. For this option, we ask for the name and contact info for your loved one so that we can publish their name in the Queerbook and contact them if we have any questions. (250 character maximum)
This information will be included as part of your page in The Class of 2020 Queerbook—a digital yearbook intended to recognize and celebrate the graduates of 2020.
Please fill out the form by Wednesday, May 6th by 5pm (or sooner if you can)! Please make sure to include all of the requested information!
If you have any questions or need to follow up with any information, please email us at email@example.com
Rainbow Graduation 2020--Ceremony Cancelled
The 13th Annual LGBTQA & Allied Graduation Celebration
Saturday, May 9, 2020, 4-6 pm
Gallagher Theater, Student Union, 1303 E. University Blvd.
This festive and intimate end-of-the-year celebration will provide personal recognitions for the achievements of underrepresented sexual and/or gender identity(ies) at the UA. Rainbow Graduation is open to all graduating undergraduates, graduates, or professional school students (including allies!) to show their fabulous wildcat pride! Each graduate will receive a rainbowcord and certificate of honor, and a catered reception will follow the ceremony. You must register by April 22, 2020 to participate.