Pride Alliance 2019-2020 Internship Application
Please drop off a completed application (p. 3-5) and resume in person or via-email to:
Student Union, Room 404V
This year-long internship is a collaborative program with the LGBTQ+ Resource Center and Pride Alliance focusing on the identity, educational, and leadership development of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, asexual (LGBTQA+) and allied students at The University of Arizona. This position works directly with the staff of the LGBTQ+ Resource Center and the student Directors for Pride Alliance.
All internships must be completed for course credit either through an intern’s home department or for EDL credit. (Note: EDL Credit is 100% Engagement Certified)
- Students will develop a greater understanding of their personal, intersecting identities, particularly sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression
- Students will develop social justice leadership skills
- Students will deepen their understanding of systems of oppression, power, and privilege
- Students will serve as leaders on campus for LGBTQ+ and allied issues.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Students will participate in a weekly class focusing on identity development and social justice leadership skills for the entire fall semester. Syllabus provided on the first day of class.
- Students will attend the Creating Change Conference in the spring semester (January 15-19, Dallas, TX).
- Starting in the spring, students will participate as members of the LGBTQ+ Programming Board and attend weekly meetings to plan projects and events under the direction of the Pride Alliance Directors.
- Students will work with campus and community partners in support of the goals of the LGBTQ+ Resource Center and Pride Alliance.
- Students will serve as ambassadors and represent Pride Alliance and the LGBTQ+ Resource Center at outreach events.
Credit Assignment: All internships must be completed for 3-course credits either through an intern’s home department or for EDL credit.
- Enrolled UA Student
- 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Must exhibit the ability to work with diverse populations through positive communication and interpersonal skills
- This internship is a year-long commitment where students must register each semester. Interns must register for 3-course credits either through an intern’s home department or for EDL credit. A 3-course credit totals 180 hours per semester (60 hours per credit), which averages 12 hours per week.
- Interns must attend mandatory training at the beginning of each semester, Specific Dates TBA
- Interns must be available every Monday from 12-2 pm for the weekly class
- Interns will schedule regular and consistent one-on-one meetings with LGBTQ+ Resource Center staff throughout the year (based on the availability of the intern and staff)
- Must be available Wednesdays from 5-7pm for LGBTQ+ Resource Center and/or Pride Alliance events/workshops.