Pride Alliance Fall 2018 Internship Application
Enrollment Open Now, Please apply if interested
Please drop off a completed application (p. 3-5) and resume in person or via-email to:
Student Union, Room 404O
This internship is a collaborative program with LGBTQ Affairs and Pride Alliance and focuses on the development of programming and events for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, asexual (LGBTQA+) and allied students, staff, faculty, and alumni at The University of Arizona. This position will work directly with the Program Director for LGBTQ Affairs, the Graduate Assistant for LGBTQ Affairs, and the Student Directors for Pride Alliance. All internships must be completed for course credit either through an intern’s home department, or for EDL credit.
- Work with Pride Alliance and LGBTQ Affairs to develop and implement campus-wide programs for LGBTQA+ and allied students, staff, faculty and alumni.
- Serve as a leader on campus for LGBTQ and allied issues.
- Develop collaborative relationships with appropriate organizations on campus and in the larger community.
- Represent Pride Alliance and LGBTQ Affairs as necessary on planning committees.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Participate as a member of the LGBTQ Programming Board and attend weekly meetings.
- Take a lead on projects and events.
- Participate in the coordination, design, and implementation of LGBTQ Affairs and Pride Alliance outreach and educational efforts.
- Work in collaboration with the Cultural Centers, Women’s Resource Center, ASUA, Residence Life, Wingspan, Southern Arizona Gender Alliance, EON, GLSEN and other relevant organizations and departments to create projects that are relevant to as many groups as possible across campus.
- Represent Pride Alliance and LGBTQ Affairs at outreach events.
- Work with campus and community partners in support of the goals of LGBTQ Affairs.
- Assist with the marketing of all LGBTQ programs, including flyering around campus at different buildings, kiosks, centers, and other local businesses in the nearby community.
- Assist with evaluation and assessment of programs and services offered.
All internships must be completed for a minimum of 2 course credits either through an intern’s home department, or for EDL credit. (60 hours per credit, average of 4 hours per week per credit).
- 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Demonstrated passion for LGBTQ issues
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Previous experience with campus-wide programming
- Interns completing 2 credits must complete a total of 120 hours per semester, which averages to 8 hours per week, and interns completing 3 credits must complete a total of 180 hours per semester, which averages to 12 hours per week.
- Interns must complete their office hours at the LGBTQ Resource Center or at Pride Alliance/LGBTQ Affairs events, unless otherwise arranged.
- Interns must attend mandatory training on:
- Friday, August 17th (from 9am-5pm)
- Saturday, January 18th (from 9am-5pm) and
- ____day, Month day time: TBD
- We promise it will be fun :)
- Interns must be available every Friday from 1-3pm for the weekly Intern meeting and on Wednesdays from 5-7pm for the weekly Pride Alliance general meetings and events.
- These meetings are MANDATORY for all interns
- Interns will be expected to spend some of their time tabling on the mall and engaging in other outreach efforts. A specific schedule will be determined during the semester, but in general, tabling is mandatory and is typically from 11am-1pm on Wednesdays.
- Interns are expected to attend a minimum of half of Pride Alliance and LGBTQ Affairs events throughout the semester, and attending more is preferred.